Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Matisyahu Shaved his beard photo

Matisyahu's million-plus Twitter followers ended up in for quite a surprise this morning (Dec. 12), as the Hasidic rapper posted a cryptic message and also links to pictures of himself with out his trademark -- as well as religiously significant -- facial beard.

"At the break of day I seek out you at sun rising When the tide comes in I lose my own disguise," this individual tweeted. Following those terms were links to the below pictures from the 'King Without a Crown' singer showing off a freshly shaved face and head (click the photos to see the full-size image).

Today, Matisyahu has given his explanation: "No more Chassidic reggae celeb."

That headline comes via a publish on his site, whereby he explains his new outlook on religion.

"Sorry individuals, all you get will be me ... no alias,Inches the statement scans. "When I started becoming religious 10 years ago it was a very natural and organic procedure. It was my option. My journey to find my roots and explore Jewish spirituality -- not through textbooks but through actual life. At a certain position I felt the call to submit to a higher level regarding religiosity ... to move away from my intuition and to take an ultimate truth. I felt that in order to become a good man or woman I needed rules -- a great deal of them -- or else I'd personally somehow fall apart. I'm reclaiming myself. Having faith in my goodness along with my divine vision.

"Get ready for an incredible year filled with tunes of rebirth,Inch he added. "And for anyone concerned with my naked face, don't worry ... have not seen the last of my facial hair."

Related Posts